Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Big Boy and Silly Girl

My son turned 4 months old yesterday. I know, Its not the same as turning 1 or any other milestone age but to me every month, week, or day is another step closer to the age when I have the wonderful privilege of hearing "no!" or a smart remark or comment come out of his sweet mouth. See, I have a 4 year old princess. Oh boy is she a Princess! Right down to her rotten toes! Sometimes I think if I put a pea under her mattress, she would be able to feel it! Now don't get me wrong: my Macayla is the sweetest, most caring, and polite child I've ever met. I'm not saying that just because I'm her mom. I promise, she ALWAYS says please and thank you. Yes 'mam and No sir. She has never ever gotten up in a public area and just ran around. She does as she is told and with a beautiful smile on her face. And then she comes home...... Totally reverse all that I have said and there you have my little girl. HAHA! Isn't that how it goes? No, she really isn't that bad at home but she does whine quite a bit. So much in fact, we Started a reward chart and had to put "No Whining?" as one of the spots. Hey, anyway we can tone it down even an ounce is worth it!

But back to the boy. He is so 180 from his "sissy" its unreal. Macayla was sleeping through the night by 2 months old. Mason, well he wakes every 2-3 hours during the night and really doesn't sleep/nap during the day. That is, unless Daddy is home with him. Then its 2-3 hour naps 2 times a day. Now I feel like whining! NOT FAIR!!! I have gotta say, I'm freaking tired!

But how in the world can 2 children, born from the same womb, by the same parents, starting out the same way, be so incredibly different! That's just life I guess.

So, at what point did you think, my goodness my child is growing up? When did they get to be so big? How can I come up with a way to keep them this way forever? I'm sure if I figured that out, I would be able to buy diapers without using at least 2 coupons while their on sale. Not that I still wouldn't but you get the idea.


I love my babies. Just the way they are. Because that first smile, that first open mouth, drool filled, nasty kiss; that first time she walks up to you in the middle of her playing some random game and says "Hey mom? I love you. Your the bestest mommy in the whole world." Its all worth it. Totally, completely worth every second.

Is there anything you are most looking forward to or you miss the most? Share your sweetest baby story! I really love to read those the best!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there, stopping by from This for That. Now following you. I would love for you to do the same.
    Have a happy Thursday.

    http://familyvolley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy them while they're young, my baby boy is going to be driving soon. What a scary thought!

    Dropping in from This for that to follow you on GFC and check out your giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower from This for That.
    ~Allison
    http://the-winfields-7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from This and That, these sleep deprived days are the hardest! According to my Grandmother, someday I won't even remember all the lack of sleep, although she said that about labor too and I still remember it! lol
    ~Randi @
    http://thejonesseven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, you described my older daughter perfectly! Such an angel in public, and saves all the attitude for home. JOY. Mine are 6 and 2 now, and I really miss all the little bitty baby stuff. Baby snuggles are the best...especially those middle-of-the-night no-interruptions snuggles. I co-slept with both of mine and was never, not even once, out of bed in the middle of the night - it was bliss!

    ReplyDelete